If you are looking for information on funeral services in Singapore, you have come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, you have all the information you need to make the right choices for your loved one.
What Are the Different Types of Funeral Services Available in Singapore?
There are a few different types of funeral services available in Singapore.
- The most common type of funeral service is a burial service, where the body is buried in a cemetery. There is also a cremation service, where the body is cremated and the ashes are buried or scattered.
- Another type of funeral service is a green burial, where the body is buried in a biodegradable shroud or casket and the grave is not marked with a headstone.
What Are the Costs Involved in Each Type of Funeral Service?
There are a variety of costs associated with each type of funeral service.
- The most basic type of funeral service, a direct burial, typically costs between $1,000 and $3,000. This includes the cost of the burial plot, the coffin, and the basic services of the funeral home.
- If you choose to have a funeral service at a funeral home, the cost will be much higher. The average cost of a funeral home service is between $6,000 and $10,000. This includes the use of the funeral home chapel, the services of the funeral director, and the cost of the casket.
- If you choose to have a burial ceremony at a cemetery, the cost will be even higher. The average cost of a cemetery burial ceremony is between $8,000 and $15,000. This includes the cost of the burial plot, the cost of the casket, and the cost of the funeral ceremony.
What Are the Procedures for Organising A Funeral In Singapore?
When a loved one passes away, the family will need to make arrangements for the funeral. The following are the procedures for organizing a funeral in Singapore:
- Notify the death of the authorities.
- Make funeral arrangements with a funeral director.
- Apply for a death certificate.
- Arrange for the deceased to be cremated or buried.
- Collect the ashes or coffin.
- Hold a funeral ceremony.
Funeral services are a time of grief and mourning, but they can also be a time of celebration and remembrance. To Understand more about funeral Singapore here. will help you understand the different aspects of a funeral, including the different types of services, the traditional customs, and the best practices for honoring a loved one.