When it comes to doing business, Hong Kong is a fantastic location. The government has built an excellent working environment, the taxation structure is among the best in the world, and the region is fairly diverse, which is ideal for foreign enterprises. All of these advantages, as well as a slew of others, only add to the city’s appeal to businesspeople from all over the world.
If you and your future Hong Kong employer have agreed on terms, you can rest comfortably that the most difficult portion is behind you. But there’s one more item to consider. It’s time to figure out your work visa.
Fortunately, in Hong Kong, this procedure is rather simple. Continue reading to learn everything you need to know about getting an employment visa in Hong Kong.
What is the definition of a work visa?
When firms wish to engage international talent to fill diverse positions, the Hong Kong region has a particular work visa framework in place. Employment for Professionals is the name of this program. To obtain this permission, workers (visa applicants) must have adequate educational qualifications, a certain set of skills, and relevant knowledge or experience in Hong Kong. To learn more, visit hr outsourcing services.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements.
Keep the following factors in mind when applying for and obtaining a Hong Kong work visa:
- The candidate should have already received a job offer! This must occur prior to the submission of the visa application. They can use of hong kong work visa services to make the process easy.
- One should have appropriate work experience and good qualifications in the field.
- Individuals with special qualifications that are not commonly available in Hong Kong are usually given priority in obtaining a permit by the Department.
- The applicant should be put in a management-level position, with pay that is competitive with the market rate.
- The employer (business) must be financially secure. In addition, the company should have local staff and a pre-established office.
In Hong Kong, how long does it take to obtain a work visa?
Following receipt of all essential documentation, applications submitted under the IANG by international new graduates take roughly two weeks to process. The job permit normally takes four weeks to process. Keep in mind that without all of the essential papers, the Immigration Department will not be able to begin the procedure! Furthermore, the Director of Immigration has complete discretion in rejecting any application! Even if the application meets all of the standards, this can happen.
Make sure to review this guide once more now that you have some fundamental insights and the most significant advice on how to approach the purchase of your employment visa in Hong Kong.